2021 Ocean Exchange Collegiate Awards
Two collegiate awards, one for sustainability, one for maritime shipping!
Ocean Exchange Call for Solutions is now open for entries to compete for two collegiate awards in 2021.
Monetary Awards: Ocean Exchange Collegiate Award 2021 and the Broward College Innovation Award 2021
Amount: $25,000 / $10,000
Deadline: Register your solution by 11:59pm GMT on Monday, Monday September 20, 2021
Exchange Dates: October 24-26, 2021
Event Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Ocean Exchange Collegiate Award
The Ocean Exchange Collegiate Award of US$25,000 will be given to the solution that advances the decarbonisation of the maritime shipping industry, either while underway or while in port.
We seek solutions that are globally scalable, and which are applicable to any segment, including commercial ocean carriers, ferries and coastal transportation, large recreational yachts, towing and barge vessels, the cruise industry, and defense/security maritime sectors.
Broward College Innovation Award
The Broward College Innovation Award 2021 of $10,000 USD is given to the collegiate solution that advances our understanding of the ocean and that helps minimize our impact on these resources, even while using them for human benefit, resulting in more resilient bodies of water including healthy marine life and coastlines.
- Teams or individual innovators are invited to register.
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate student with active student status within one year.
- Solution must be student-led.
- Teams must pitch in person.
- Delegates representing business, academia, government, and non-profits will select winners at the event in Fort Lauderdale. more