Accel-VT: Energy Accelerator 2017-2018
A Climate Economy Business Accelerator
About Accel-VT: Energy Accelerator 2...
The Challenge: To be part of a competitively selected cohort of startup and/or seed stage ventures who are solving the challenges related to the monitoring and control of distributed energy (e.g., stoThe Challenge: To be part of a competitively selected cohort of startup and/or seed stage ventures who are solving the challenges related to the monitoring and control of distributed energy (e.g., storage, electric vehicles, solar, community scale wind), to improve their value while providing safe, reliable, and affordable electric service to all customers. Some examples include, but are not limited to, ventures that are:
• Creating systems to allow distributed energy resources (DERs) to operate safely in all conditions;
• Enabling load control and balancing of DERs to enhance grid reliability;
• Increasing market value of DERs;
• Optimizing DERs to match critical demand periods; and/or
• Building scalable control systems capable of managing both micro-grids and large utility-scale
Selection Criteria: Successful companies and their product or service will fit the following criteria and meet these requirements.
1) Product or service satisfies the opportunity detailed above
2) Companies have received some amount of outside funding beyond founder’s capital
3) Software companies must have a demo or a working prototype and customers should be using it, preferably paying to use it
4) Hardware companies will have market data and prospective or existing customers proving minimum viability
5) One specific founder or member of senior leadership must attend ALL 3 Sprints. Ideally, founder / entrepreneur will be accompanied by at least one additional founder or member of senior leadership to ensure a minimum of two representatives at ALL 3 Sprints.
6) Selected companies will provide a $500 deposit which will be returned to them at the end of the program, if they fulfill the requirements of the program.
7) Must have a business model (i.e., an identified market with a plan to sell into that market)
8) Must have experience in the field/industry or “lived the problem” or can demonstrate transfer of knowledge / experience to the sectors detailed above
9) Must be incorporated as a legal entity (C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, L3C, Cooperative, B-Corp, etc.) or have the intention to be a legal entity within 6 months of Accel-VT participationmore
Funds2 startupsper year
We're not connecting right now - follow us to keep updated