Baltimore Creatives Acceleration Network (BCAN) in partnership with Creative Startups, is now accepting applications for BCAN's first-ever Founder Fellowship Program, a startup acceleration program deBaltimore Creatives Acceleration Network (BCAN) in partnership with Creative Startups, is now accepting applications for BCAN's first-ever Founder Fellowship Program, a startup acceleration program designed by and for creative entrepreneurs. If you are determined to grow your creative company, the Fellowship will deliver the knowledge, networks, mentors, and investors to accelerate your success!
BCAN's Founder Fellowship offers:
- Rigorous 8 week startup bootcamp powered by Creative Startups (creativestartups.org)
- Local & global network of mentors
- Pro bono legal services from DLA Piper & Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Closed-door investor pitch and demo day (with the chance to win seed funding up to $15,000!)
- 6 month subsidized residency at one of Baltimore's top creative incubators including Eubie Blake, Open Works, ETC, and Betamore, and Impact Hub.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2018
Notifications: early March 2018
Workshops & Mentorship
March 26-May 11, 2018
Tuesdays & Thursdays - 6-9pm
Deep Dive - May 21-May 25 - 8am-10pm
June 1-November 30 -with monthly cohort meetups and networking events
BCAN's Founder Fellowship program is free for participants, but we believe in paying it forward. Fellows are required to develop and conduct a relevant workshop in their community in partnership with BCAN as part of the program.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY
- Your company/team must be based in Baltimore!
- Founder resumes, cvs, and/or bios - this application requires individual founders to submit their own info on a few of the questions.
- Basics on your company's customers, audience, recent achievements, revenue and investment and growth potential. Don't worry if some of your answers aren't in the hundreds of thousands. We're looking for great ideas with potential, not millionaires who don't want to learn.
- A camera phone so you can make a short, 4 minute video to tell us about your company and why you're interested in the program
We ask a lot of questions and we appreciate brief answers vs. long essays. Once your video is done and you have your basics in hand, it shouldn't take you longer than an hour or two to fill out the application.more
We're not connecting right now - follow us to keep updated