EDUCATE Programme Application
EdTech that works for everyone, everywhere
The EDUCATE Programme:
The EDUCATE Programme is an ERDF part-funded EdTech research accelerator run by globally recognised partners, F6S, BESA, and EDUCATE Ventures Research Ltd.
The EDUCATE Programme promotes excellence in the EdTech community by providing training and mentoring to support and promote the use of evidence-informed EdTech. Our research-focused accelerator, based on the Golden Triangle, bridges the gaps between EdTech designers and developers, researchers in education and EdTech, and users, to ensure that EdTech products live up to their promises.
Since 2017, we have worked with 272 startups and some of the brightest and best innovators in the UK and globally. Our companies are at the cutting edge of technological advances in EdTech, and understand how to harness the power of emerging technologies, like AI, to serve the needs of their users. Entrepreneurs and innovators can be confident that access to reputable evidence will assist them in developing world-class products and services that are effective and commercially viable. Furthermore, our focus on “what works” and the importance of an evidence-base helps developers to conduct their own research into their designs and products, to communicate effectiveness and to help them shape its future development.
The User Journey:
- Provide live teaching and 1:1 mentoring from EDUCATE research mentors
- Give you access to exclusive Q&A's, workshops and supplementary online material
- Help you to create a Logic Model and develop a Research Proposal that works for your company
- Give you access to the EDUCATE Ventures Research online community, interact with a wide range of EdTech stakeholders
In order to be eligible for the programme you must:
- Have your business registered in Greater London, UK
- Explain why your product or service has educational merit
- Engage with research and a research mentor
- Conform to the following definition of an SME (Small to Medium Enterprise):
- - - less than 250 employees
- - - annual turnover less than €50m (approximately £43.2m); balance sheet less than €43m (approximately £37.2m)
- - - the business is less than 25% owned by entities not meeting these criteria more