EIT Food Seedbed Incubator Programme '21
Transforming innovative ideas into market validated business propositions
Who is EIT Food?
EIT Food is Europe's leading food innovation initiative working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted. We bring together key players from across the food value chain, including industry, partners, startups, research centres and universities. EIT Food works with entrepreneurs at all stages of their journey, from validating their market to scaling up their business to achieve impact. Our entrepreneurs benefit from funding, mentoring, experts and access to a thriving European network of innovators.
About the EIT Food Seedbed Incubator Programme
The Seedbed Incubator is a six-month programme delivered across five EU hubs. The programme gives entrepreneurs the tools to establish whether there is a market need for their innovation within the agrifood sector and what the commercial potential might be. During the programme participants will receive:
- Access to expert training and personalised business support to identify their core business assumptions and develop a roadmap to validate this with stakeholders
- Financial support for proof of market activities
- Follow-on support to spin-out or startup a new company, or fund pilot feasibility tests with identified partners via EIT Food's Business Services and Financial Services scheme
Who should apply?
The EIT Food Seedbed Programme is focused on supporting three participant groups with business propositions underpinned by science and technology, that could transform the food system:
1) Aspiring Entrepreneurs - Teams looking to validate the market potential of their innovation and launch a new company
2) Entrepreneurial Academics and Scientists - Teams looking to commercialise intellectual property (IP) belonging to their research organisation
3) Newly formed startups - Spinouts or startups typically younger than 12 months looking to validate the market potential of their innovation and establish partnerships
Check out our highlights video to hear from some of our Seedbed Alumni and how important testing the market was for them. more