Does your startup have a solution that helps to feed growing population?
The Netherlands, being the global leader in agri-food, warrants a startup ecosystem matching its reputation. FoodStars focuses on driving innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture and the food chain to secure our position as the most sustainable and circular food producer. We support and invest in entrepreneurs solving global agri-food challenges.
FoodStars accelerator starts with a new bootcamp in autumn 2019. FoodStars selection team, our partners and investors are selecting Top-10 startup teams. We have an ongoing application process: once you apply, our selection team will provide you with feedback and next steps.
- business model viability and scalability
- impact on local society (economic, ecological, and social)
- innovation (disruptive versus incremental) and feasibility
- experience, balance, and commitment of the team (minimum two founders)
- a technical proof of concept (MVP readiness)
- financial sustainability (return on investment)
- good command of English
Our Offer (1 month – bootcamp in the Netherlands & 5 months – personalized acceleration support):
- intensive trainings: communications, customer development, business planning
- office space in a coworking area
- connections to potential customers, partners, and investors
- peer-to-peer learning activities
- expert support: trademarks, grants, subsidies, patents, taxation, team building etc.
- networking opportunities
- personalized support by mentor and acceleration manager
- support with incorporation, opening bank account and getting startup visa
- access to online community of innovative startup entrepreneurs and partners
- participation in startup events: New Business Summit and Impact Startup Fest
- €15K pre-seed capital investment per startup
In exchange, we ask for 8% equity.
FoodStars is an initiative of World Startup Factory and Truvalu.startups and is supported by such partners as MVO Nederland for three reasons: the Dutch horticulture and agri-food sector’s wish to work with international startups, its challenge to adopt innovative solutions, and its commitment to contribute to food security and the global Sustainable Development Goals.
We would love you to join our program in The Hague, one of the largest metropoles in Western Europe, and right next to our partners in Westland, the world’s most renowned center for greenhouse horticulture.