FoodTech: Health & Wellness
Ingredients, technologies, and experiences for the future of food & snacks
(Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis during the year - due-diligence to begin immediately upon acceptance)
Sente, in partnership with Griffith Foods, the global snacks company Pladis, the Northstar Innovation Company (the innovation arm of global food and retail company Yildiz Holding) and leading ingredient provider Ingredion, is investing in early-stage startups with novel ingredients, snacks, packaging and technology that can meet the needs and desires of an ever-evolving consumer landscape.
Selected startups will have access to the full capabilities and reach of global food brands (from raw materials to final product and retail channels) to help them scale their manufacturing, distribution and digital resources, while also getting investment from the company's corporate venture capital branch.
Starting in April 2021, we will select startups from around the world for the opportunity to work with international snacks, food and retail brands as well as the chance for a $75,000 investment (first stage) and $50k-$250k (follow-on investment possibility).
We are looking for early-stage startups with technologies in areas such as:
1) New Ingredients: Sustainable,, good-for-you and "free from" alternatives to common snack ingredients; sugar / fat reduction & replacement, clean label
2) New Food Products: "Good for you" foods - e.g. protein sources, fiber, antioxidants, functional foods (probiotics, antioxidants, etc.), new eating experiences
3) New Packaging: Reduced packaging footprint, preservation technologies and digital technologies in food packaging for new experiences
4) Food R&D Tech: Digital products to evaluate ingredients and predict consumer preference in food
5) Food Process Tech: More efficient, scalable, cost- efficient food manufacturing processes, quality management techniques more