G-Startup Worldwide Beijing
Enabling Innovative Startups to Change the World
G-Startup Worldwide is a global startup competition held around the world to find high-potential, early stage startups, invest in them, support them with a global network and enable them to change theG-Startup Worldwide is a global startup competition held around the world to find high-potential, early stage startups, invest in them, support them with a global network and enable them to change the world. The G-Startup Worldwide program invests over $1,000,000 in startups annually.
Since 2010, G-Startup alumni have raised $11.6 Billion. We have also had 8 startups get acquired by companies like Google, Amazon, Alibaba, Apple and Pinterest.
G-Startup Worldwide has partnered with 500 Startups to find high potential startups at GMIC Beijing and to invest at least $100,000 into the first place winner ($50k from our GWC Innovator Fund and $50k from 500 Startups)! First place also receives a free trip to Silicon Valley to compete in the G-Startup Worldwide Global Finals for an additional $250,000 investment. The Top 25 of G-Startup Worldwide at GMIC Beijing will also receive a free demo booth to show off their startup to tens of thousands of attendees at GMIC Beijing. G-Startup Beijing’s Top 15 will automatically be accepted into Facebook’s FbStart program. Benefits include Facebook ad credits, free partner services, user testing support, and mentorship from Facebook’s product managers and engineers.
G-Startup Beijing Judges include:
– Jenny Lee, Managing Partner, GGV
– Ya-Qin Zhang, President, Baidu
– Anna Fang, CEO and Partner, Zhen Fund
– Kui Zhou, Partner, Sequoia Capital
– Shoucheng Zhang, Founding Chairman, Danhua Capital
– Barrett Parkman, Partner, GWC Innovator Fund
– Dave McClure, Founder, 500 Startups
– Anu Hariharan, Partner, Y Combinator
– Hans Tung, Managing Partner, GGV
– Harry Man, Partner, Matrix Partners
– Phil Chen, Advisor, Horizons Ventures
– Edith Yeung, Partner, 500 Startups
– Raymond Liao, Managing Director, Samsung Next Ventures
Nothing shows what is possible like our amazing alumni:
-Didi Chuxing - Beijing 2013 “Most Innovative App” Winner - $35B Valuation
-App Annie - Beijing 2010 Finalist- Raised $157M from Sequoia, IDG, IVP
-Wandoujia- Beijing 2012 Finalist – Raised $128M & acquired by Alibaba
Funding: Raised a round but less than $2 million
Industry: AI, Mobile, IoT, Wearables, FinTech, Cyber Security, Smart Cars, AR/VR, healthcare, education, etc.
Region: Startups from all around the globe can apply more