The Global Aquaculture Challenge 2020
Innovation for Sustainable Systems
About The Global Aquaculture Chal...
The Global Aquaculture Challenge invites innovations that impactfully disrupt the Aquaculture industry.
Globally, aquaculture desperately needs technology and data-driven solutions to improve the production, environment and supply chains that provide the world with the original protein… seafood.
The Yield Lab Institute and The Yield Lab Asia Pacific offer 8 innovators the chance to participate in a non-residential and non-dilutive accelerator program. Successful applicants will receive relevant subject-matter expert mentoring, exposure to potential investors, and a final face off to win cash and other prizes.
The Global Aquaculture Challenge invites innovators from across all aspects of the supply chain and species that employ technology and data-driven solutions. Innovations in science, combined with data and predictive analytics, will provide farmers with better decision-making tools while supporting sustainable practices that eliminate waste, improve animal health, and propel economic productivity. Selection will favor applicants that include metrics to measure the impact on the environment and production economics.
The Challenge would like to see more innovations in areas such as, and not limited to:
• Water Management Solutions and Resource Usage in farming systems
• Supply Chain, Cold Chain and Traceability systems
• Smallholder Farms’ economically viable systems
• Tropical Species Diversity and Efficiency
• Regenerative systems, Seaweed, Microalgae, Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture
• Environmental Footprint Metrics
• Recirculating Aquaculture Systems, Sensors, Monitoring and other systems (IoT, AI, MR)
• Zootechnics, Animal Health, Disease Management, Feed and Nutrition
• Public Policies including Compliance, Certification, Traceability
The invitation is open to innovators from industry, academia and public:
• Early-stage to late early-stage startups
• Innovators in research organizations, public and private, NGOs
• Innovators in seafood farming companies or seafood industry
• Innovators in supply chain, compliance, and public policy
• Technologists who have an application relevant to aquaculture
NB: At this stage of the application, please do not submit any confidential information.