The fastest road for a hardware startup.
Hardware startups are hard. Hardware companies face unique barriers to design, manufacturing, distribution and retail. Highway1 offers a collaborative, hands-on environment to help startups move throuHardware startups are hard. Hardware companies face unique barriers to design, manufacturing, distribution and retail. Highway1 offers a collaborative, hands-on environment to help startups move through these challenges and reach a looks like, works like prototype ready for funding. The four-month program is an intense immersion into how to scale a hardware company, which includes full-time product design and engineering support, 24/7 access to state-of-the-art prototyping labs, a trip to Shenzhen, China to learn about global manufacturing and supply chain management, marketing, retail and funding support.
Highway1 is a division of PCH, a custom product solutions company working with some of the world’s best brands. Startups that have worked with Highway1 and PCH include Blaze, Drop, LittleBits, Navdy, Cue and Ringly.
What our program offers:
• Investment – Up to $100,000 for 8% equity or $50,000 for 5%.
• Engineering – Onsite support from EE, ME, FW and manufacturing engineers.
• Prototyping – 24/7 access to shared workspace and state-of-the-art prototyping labs.
• Design – Full-time design staff and relationships with the best names in industrial design.
• Manufacturing – A trip to Shenzhen, China, and introduction to local resources.
• Community & Connections - A broad network of alumni, mentors and partners.
• Fundraising – Refine your story and network with hardware investors.
What we look for:
• Strong team – You can’t do this alone, and we don’t want you to try. We prefer teams that have known each other for a long time or have collaborated previously.
• Technical chops – Your team should have the technical skills and experience to accomplish the mission you are undertaking and be eager to learn more.
• Prototype – Show us at a minimum a works-like proof of concept.
• Market traction – You have started testing your product and market assumptions with customers, generated interest or sales and/or raised funds.
• Dedication to design and consumer experience – Design is at the core of everything we do at PCH.
• Long-term vision – We look to help entrepreneurs build companies, not just projects or one-off products. more