IA 2021 Global Entrepreneur Program
We help foreign-born entrepreneurs scale their startup in the U.S. market
We’re a team of engineers, investors, marketers, serial entrepreneurs, economists, operators, business strategists, and more.
For 12 months, we help startups scale by working closely with the founders utilizing a customized strategy.
About the Program
The International Accelerator is a highly sought-after international program that uniquely caters to startup founders born outside the U.S. who want to launch in the United States.
- Startups must have at least an MVP with some early market validation or traction
- A unique product addressing a specific, unfulfilled need in a large and growing U.S. market
- Startups must address solving a significant pain point in the market
- A confident and coachable management team with a high level of business and technical knowledge of the product and its market
- A business model with an accelerated monetization strategy
- A founding team with at least one foreign-born employee committed to moving to Austin, TX
We have a high volume of applicants so please expect to hear from us up to 2-3 weeks after submission. The process usually goes as follows:
- Staff selects from shortlist of applicants
- Startups sign IA termsheet
- IA team conducts thorough due diligence
- Mentors and other advisors help review
- IA’s Investment Committee makes final decision
- Signed formal agreement and stock purchase agreement in order
- IA helps incorporate startup in Delaware or Texas
Startup and IA negotiate the timeline for the move to the U.S. and start the launch plans
This process usually takes 6-8 weeks. During this time there will be numerous interactions via video conference calls.
Once selected, participants gain access to free housing and a scenic and productive office space in Austin, Texas. Currently, while travel restrictions are in effect, we offer the founders a bespoke and personal approach to U.S. strategy over video conferences. more