The invitation to the insur_space by MAPFRE program is extended to startups or
entrepreneurs who have a product, service or an idea which solution mainly covers a
business challenge and/or transversal needs of the insurance industry.
MAPFRE will assess applications and decide on the startup’s participation in the program.
Insur_space by MAPFRE is the company's initiative to transform the insurance industry through an open innovation platform for insurtech startups and companies, and aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To innovate on the value proposition for its customers and support MAPFRE in their transformation based on these new needs.
- To support entrepreneurs and startups by helping them convert their ideas into successful businesses by improving their reach, growth, and scalability.
- To collaborate with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in order to develop a culture of innovation.
With these aims in mind, MAPFRE intends to select and boost the development of the most innovative and ambitious projects that show the greatest potential for impacting MAPFRE's business model and main objectives.
Applicants must present a solution that fits into one of the following categories:
- Idea, product or service with a direct impact in the insurance industry.
- Solution providing a substantial improvement in internal processes (operations, technology, logistics, finance, marketing, sales, etc).
- Solution with an impact on adjacent industries that can be translated to the insurance industry.
Applicants should preferably come from a technological background or incorporate innovative elements in their proposal.
All the applications must be submitted in English or Spanish.
Evaluation process: Insur_space team, who will assess all projects according to different aspects relevant to the program, will study the proposals received and interview the preselected startups (in person or via telematic means) to clarify aspects of the applicant's project.
Insur_space by MAPFRE will notify all its decisions via e-mail.