Italian Scale-up Initiative in China2017
Scale-up in China!
Call for disruptive Italian Startups to find matchmaking opportunities in the Chinese Innovative Ecosystem!
Italy has a long tradition of excellence in many fields, but to boom the challenge is to grCall for disruptive Italian Startups to find matchmaking opportunities in the Chinese Innovative Ecosystem!
Italy has a long tradition of excellence in many fields, but to boom the challenge is to grow beyond the initial borders. China is a world leader in venture financing and it is looking for innovative ideas worldwide. ISIC 2017 aims at developing a concrete opportunity for vetted Italian startups to succeed in China through a cross-border matchmaking model with engaged stakeholder in the Chinese ecosystem.
China-Italy Chamber of Commerce
Where: Half-way between Italy and China!
Period: April - October 2017
Free of charge
• Startups: the initial screening will be based not only on the sustainability and relevance of the business model, but also on the startup’s actual scaling-up potential in the Chinese market.
• Chinese key stakeholders: relevant and engaged players in the field, such as incubators, accelerators and investors with proven experience in cross-border operations, will be invited to select the startups in which they are interested. After the match-making phase, the parties will work together remotely to develop their business synergy, proactively supported by ISIC’s
• Final event: it will be a chance to further boost the cooperation and to present the outcome of the match-making process to the public, ensuring that resources are channeled to produce concrete
• Applicants must be startup companies founded on the Italian territory;
• Eligible sectors are: FoodTech & AgriTech; FashionTech & Design; Life science & HealthTech; GreenTech & New Energies; Smart Manufacturing and Robotics; Smart Cities/Buildings and Home; IoT; New Materials; AI and Machine Learning.
• B2B or B2C with flexibility to be turned into a B2B in China (preferable);
Please read carefully ISIC 2017 Regulations here: bit.ly/2otifBR more