SkyFarms is a “open-source resource mapping & sharing platform matching global agriculture stakeholders to local community farm projects.”
1. Core mission: Food Security - SDG #2 Zero Hunger
2. Offering: Solving Market Fragmentation - Transforming empty space into new farms.
3. MVP: AgSphere 1000+ Smart Farming Stakeholders - Matching their goods and services with new projects.
4. IP: SMART AGLab non-Formal education Methodology (sustainability-mobility-access-resources-technology) Shifting perspectives - incentives about farming.
5. Tech/ICT TOOLS: Open-Source/Data-Driven: Finding insights and needs through Data
6. Goal - Assist consumers to find their unique place in local Agri to become Food Citizens
Our Mission: to develop the knowledge, capacity, partnerships, technology, and diverse workforce to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable world and educates the next generation of researchers, communicators, and innovators who will lead this change.
(.io) open-source domain portal stands for input/output
INPUTS (created value): Inputs represent the selected ingredients that are necessary for the AGLAB innovation process.
(i) agtech: hardware, software, open-source ICT digital tools that connect people globally to grow food locally: anytime, anywhere.
(ii) multi disciplinary stakeholders: brings together partners from industry, government, and academia;
(iii) p2p community: the open-source model allows the participation of sharing support, knowledge, data and resources.
OUTPUTS (captured value): Outputs indicate the deliverables that are generated from the AGLAB.
(i) Education & Activism
(ii) Research & Data Science
(iii) Holistic Wellbeing & Food Security
SkyFarms.io ecosystem uses two elements for turning our INPUTS into OUTPUTS:
1. Innovative living lab process of non-formal education: S.M.A.R.T AG: Sustainable, Mobile, Accessible, Resourceful, Technological. Involving (i) collaborative concepts (ii) exploration, experimentation, application (iii) evaluate and improve
2. Production systems:
(i) Regenerative Agriculture
(ii) Urban Agriculture
(iii) AgTech: Vertical, Software, Sensors, CEA, Farmbot, AI, IoT, Blockchain, Data
(iv) Soilless Methods: Hydro-Aero-Aquaponics
(v) Crowdfarming, CSA, Foodscapes more