The Korea Startup Challenge (or K-Startup Challenge) 2016 is a double-faceted global acceleration programme designed for international entrepreneurs from all across the globe, sponsored by the MSIP (MThe Korea Startup Challenge (or K-Startup Challenge) 2016 is a double-faceted global acceleration programme designed for international entrepreneurs from all across the globe, sponsored by the MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning). The programme takes place in Korea's new Silicon Valley, Pangyo Techno Valley - just a few kilometres south of Seoul.
The driving idea behind this project is to endorse the inflow of promising foreign start-ups interested in the Korean or the broader Asian market through a global start-up acceleration programme from August to November 2016 and then through a 6-month settlement programme from November 2016 to May 2017.
What's in it for you?
1) The opportunity to expand into Asia by using Korea as a foothold for your international cooperation in Asia
2) Exposure to and expertise from Korea’s largest conglomerates (Samsung, Hyundai, LG, SK, KT, NHN, etc.), thereby facilitating the possibility for you to do business with some of the world's most innovative companies in the tech industry
3) A grant of up to $100K + possibility to receive investment from a major Korean accelerator
4) Access to office and project space in Korea’s Pangyo Techno Valley, a large innovation park home to the country’s most promising startups and large conglomerates
5) Numerous networking, mentoring and training sessions with local and foreign experts but also with the conglomerates
6) The chance to become a pioneer in the first K-Startup Grand Challenge session
Are you an early-stage startup or a scale-up?
Are you looking to expand in Asia?
Do you have a disruptive innovation in a tech sector (IoT, software, smart devices, cloud, 5G, fintech, big data, ...)?