Legacy Foundry is software for financial advisors and their clients. We help financial advisors grow and retain their book of business through comprehensive relationship with their clients and clients' families.

It's important to share a little background to understand our unique approach. Legacy Foundry was originally founded to address the problem of our unwillingness to have the conversation around death and dying and the cost that has on families both emotionally and financially. We pivoted to the wealth transfer problem - the problem of old advisors, old clients and terrible intergenerational retention. If dad is the primary asset holder and he dies, greater than 70% chance mom is going to move the assets to a different firm within a year, if dad is the last surviving spouse, greater than 90% chance kids are going to move the assets. This is an industry average retention of south of 10%.

The industry has realized that performance of assets is no longer enough to keep client...
Legacy Foundry is software for financial advisors and their clients. We help financial advisors grow and retain their book of business through comprehensive relationship with their clients and clients' families.

It's important to share a little background to understand our unique approach. Legacy Foundry was originally founded to address the problem of our unwillingness to have the conversation around death and dying and the cost that has on families both emotionally and financially. We pivoted to the wealth transfer problem - the problem of old advisors, old clients and terrible intergenerational retention. If dad is the primary asset holder and he dies, greater than 70% chance mom is going to move the assets to a different firm within a year, if dad is the last surviving spouse, greater than 90% chance kids are going to move the assets. This is an industry average retention of south of 10%.

The industry has realized that performance of assets is no longer enough to keep clients happy. Not if an advisor wants to be successful. It's not about pie charts anymore, it's about people. Legacy takes a different approach from other tools in the market - we don't throw reams of new data at already overburdened advisors. We provide actionable insights on grandpa the person, not the asset holder. What motivates him? What motivates the rest of the family? That's the experience and the engagement that we offer.

Our software drives family communication and communication with the advisor by talking about real topics. While others sweep these under the rug until they build up into untamable monsters we give advisors the tools that turn talking about these topics into trust.
More information

Employees

Sean Kennedy
Admin
Sean Kennedy CEO Three time entrepreneur that loves working on hard problems. Tech guy who found out he was good at selling.

Recommendations

Legacy Foundry's Founder and CEO Sean Kennedy has a rare combination of technical chops and commitment to organizational efficiency and collaboration that is truly rare. And, he has focused his talents on something really valuable to families - talking about, and planning for the inevitable day when our lives end. This leader, and this business are doing important things.