MEDICA App COMPETITION 2018
World’s Largest Medical Mobile Solution Award
About MEDICA App COMPETITION 2018
For the 7th time MEDICA 2018 will see a live competition for the best App-based Mobile Medical Solution for use in the daily routine of a patient, doctor or in the hospital - the MEDICA App COMPETITIOFor the 7th time MEDICA 2018 will see a live competition for the best App-based Mobile Medical Solution for use in the daily routine of a patient, doctor or in the hospital - the MEDICA App COMPETITION 2018 - hosted in a session of the MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM on Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
From 01 June to 30 September 2018, developers from all over the world can submit their App-based Mobile Medical Solutions. These submissions will be pre-selected by a MEDICA Expert Team - a top-class jury (pre-screening phase in week 40/2018; Online). Those 10 developers whose App-based Mobile Solutions match best the submission criteria based on the jury's point of view, will qualify for the participation at the live pitch at MEDICA.
All App-based Mobile Medical Solutions which are nominated for the live event will be notified beginning of October 2018 accordingly. The pitch itself happens live on stage of the CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM in hall 15, on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm during MEDICA runtime followed by a Get-Together.
Each team has 3 minutes to pitch their App-based Mobile Medical Solution. Another 2 minutes are reserved for the jury to place questions. After all 10 presentations the jury deliberates in the background. Finally, the top 3 placements and the winner of the competition will be celebrated befittingly on site.
Submission and Evaluation Criteria are:
>> during pre-screening phase for the submissions placed online
- Medical App for smartphones / tablets / smartwatches / AR or VR gears / drones
- B2B / B2B2C solution targeting patients, doctors, hospital & medical teams
- Medical App live in minimum one market until end of Q1 2019; not launched earlier than Q1 2016
- per company only one (1) submission is possible
- founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate
- the company must not have raised over seven million EUR in funds from combined funding sources
>> during pre-screening phase for the submissions placed online and during live presentation on site
- functionality / intuitive UX/UI
- level of innovation / originality of solution
- level of problem solving / improving
- scalability / attractiveness of business model
- quality of documentation & team