MSD UK Innovation Challenge
Pitch to Fortune 500 brands + mentorship, scholarship & more
Apr 25-Jun 21 '18 (8 weeks)
About MSD UK Innovation Challenge
In September 2018, MSDUK will be hosting a Global Conference, bringing together senior business leaders, Fortune 500 companies, industry experts, investors and thought leaders from around the world wiIn September 2018, MSDUK will be hosting a Global Conference, bringing together senior business leaders, Fortune 500 companies, industry experts, investors and thought leaders from around the world with the aim - to unlock innovation through diversity in business & entrepreneurship.
We are inviting founders & entrepreneurs from ethnic-minority owned start-ups and untapped business communities to showcase your innovation in a pitch competition. The best ideas & innovations will be shortlisted and invited to pitch for the grand finale where the winner(s) will be selected in front of a live audience and judging panel. Apply by our 20th June 2018 (extended).
- Mentoring Program with Accenture
- Scholarship at Ivy League's Tuck School of Business, USA (worth $10,000)
- 1-year membership access to MSDUK Innovation, Knowledge & Growth Hub activities
- Funding Opportunities with access to investors, 1:1 consultations & workshops
- Free professional Pitching Workshop for participant before Demo-Day
- Introductions to Senior leaders from our Fortune 500 & other large organisations
We're looking for startups from all key sectors passionate to provide solutions from these categories:
1. DISRUPTIVE BUSINESSES - applying emerging tech, new business models & solutions e.g. Blockchain, Big data, 5G, Cloud, VR, AR, AI/Robotics, 3D Printing, IoT, Biotech etc.
2. TECH FOR GOOD - helping improve the way we work & live in society e.g. Health & Wellbeing, Social CareEducation, Future Workforce, Finance, Security, Governance etc.
3. SUSTAINABLE FUTURES - planet-friendly innovation.e.g. Environment, Energy & Waste, Life Sciences, Travel & Tourism, Agriculture, Food, Manufacturing etc.
4. INNOVATION WILDCARD - out of the box thinking e.g. Creative, unique concepts, Lifestyle & Leisure, Community, Gaming, Entertainment and so on.
Quality of Innovation - The idea/vision & its impact (problem/solution)
Marketing Strategy - Feasible go-to-market plan
Business Plan - clarity on market size, product costs and/or sales projections etc.
Overall Quality of Submission - quality of response to the questions, pitch deck or any other supporting material.
You must be over 18 years, permanent UK resident or Tier 1-Visa and at least one founder must be of an ethnic minority origin, with a majority (51% or more) stake or ownership within the business.