Seed Round
$100K target
9% equity
$1M pre-money
Pacebyte is a platform that allows any windows software to be converted into a webapp, without any change in code. A user needs to install the application on our AWS server just once. The next time they want to run the software, our platform uses the Remote Desktop Protocol to stream it to their browser without any installations.

Native windows software is fast deprecating because of ubiquitous web apps. But most software in the world haven't been able to transition to the era of web apps. These are of two types:

Power software: These are software which are difficult to make into webapps, due to their power hungry nature. They are usually very complex software, and are difficult and risky to rewrite into SaaS. For example, Photoshop.

Niche software: While mainstream software like spreadsheet, office contribute to 70 percent of your usage. The other 30 percent includes software that depends on your profession and use case. Think notepad++ for programmer. Rewriting this as a we...
Pacebyte is a platform that allows any windows software to be converted into a webapp, without any change in code. A user needs to install the application on our AWS server just once. The next time they want to run the software, our platform uses the Remote Desktop Protocol to stream it to their browser without any installations.

Native windows software is fast deprecating because of ubiquitous web apps. But most software in the world haven't been able to transition to the era of web apps. These are of two types:

Power software: These are software which are difficult to make into webapps, due to their power hungry nature. They are usually very complex software, and are difficult and risky to rewrite into SaaS. For example, Photoshop.

Niche software: While mainstream software like spreadsheet, office contribute to 70 percent of your usage. The other 30 percent includes software that depends on your profession and use case. Think notepad++ for programmer. Rewriting this as a web app for free programs is completely pointless. This is however, a great long tail opportunity. The ability of users to access their day to day important software from multiple machines (even mobiles) could greatly improve productivity.

So our start-up wants to focus on the second case initially. We believe that our team is best suited to attack this problem with our product. The technology itself is not new, but focus on browser-as-base and no jhanjhat running will differentiate us from the likes of VMware and Citrix which are essentially enterprise players.

We eventually plan to have an app store, where users don't even have to install anything.

The first case is something we want to enter into, but not immediately.
First reason being, the first GPU based instances came on amazon very recently, and so their prices are still quite high.
Secondly, the method of delivery is something we have to decide. Do we want high end apps such as Photoshop, to be installed by the user and run, or do we want to provide an API which will allow ISVs to convert their apps into SaaS.

Currently the interface we have is install and run.
More information