The PeaceTech Accelerator was the first major international peacetech program powered by cloud innovation and dedicated to scaling startups from around the world. The next C5 program in Washington DC will be 'C5 Accelerates: Cyber'. Visit our website or the C5 Capital F6S page to apply.
Peacetech is recognized as the application of technology to assist civilians living in conflict and crisis zones. Startups are selected based on their ability to produce innovative technologies that manage, mitigate, predict, or prevent conflict and promote sustainable peace.
C5 Accelerate runs an eight-week program providing intensive mentorship and training with particular emphasis on cloud technology. We work to help talented startups and nonprofits scale rapidly and sustainably. Over 75 startups have graduated from C5's global programs to date.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Start-ups that are designing, developing and using new and innovative technologies to help to bring about the end of violent conflict and promote sustainable peace. We have a particular focus on the following areas:
1. Integrity, accountability and governance
2. Countering violent extremism
3. Managing resource scarcity
4. Cybersecurity for stability and peacekeeping
5. Veteran rehabilitation and Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (DDR) in post conflict countries.
6. Refugee protection and care
7. Preventing gender violence
For-profit applicant companies must:
1. Be incorporated
2. Have successfully closed seed funding rounds
3. Have a a cohesive team
4. Have a well-developed business plan
5. Be able to scale on the cloud
1. Must be registered
2. Have at least $50,000 (USD) in revenues, grants etc
3. Have a cohesive team
4. Be able to scale on the cloud.
Selected start-ups will send 2/3 team members including the founder(s) and tech lead to attend the full program in Washington, D.C.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Selected companies/organizations will receive:
Up to $50,000 Amazon Web Services cloud credits
$15,000 funding in return for equity for eligible companies, at their election
The opportunity to pitch to potential investors
Free office space for the duration of the program
Entry into our participant alumni network
Access to our international network of mentors and business leaders
We're not connecting right now - follow us to keep updated