ECO-CONNECT is a social enterprise that produce food using local resources
Oct '12 - Present (8 years 2 months)
Amazing things Respect's made
I was inspired by diversity, and capacity of my rural community and envisioned a world where there is zero hunger and poverty. I opted for social innovation and social entrepreneurship. I founded Centre for Agro-entrepreneurship and Sustainable Livelihoods Trust (CASL). CASL´s success speaks for itself; it has changed my life and transformed my community. From a poor peasant rural young man, I have risen to become a successful social entrepreneur. I received several honors and awards which include;
1. Thought For Food Ambassador 2018.
2. Net Impact Climate Fellowship 2017-2018
3. National Finalist Global Future Agro-Challenge 2017.
4. Young Africa Leadership Initiative Fellowship Southern Africa 2016.
5. Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship - US Embassy Zimbabwe 2016.
6. MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2016
7. National Young Farmer Innovation Award 2015.
8. Boost Fellowship 2014.
9. Empretec Trust Scholarship for Entrepreneurship 2013
10. GEW Zimbabwe Young Social Entrepreneur 2012
Cornell Climate Fellowship •
Mar 2019 - Present
Agriculture Science. Entrepreneurship •
Aug 2016 - Present
University of South Africa and YALI
Entrepreneurship and Business Leadership •
Jul 2016 - May 2017