Thank you for your interest in the RISE Coastal Community Resilience Challenge (CCRC). This form should be treated as your submission to the Challenge and can be filled out and edited until September 30, 2018 (11:59 EDT). Starting and working on the form will provide you with access to technical assistance from RISE and datasets (where applicable). Judging will take place starting October 1, 2018 and finalists will be announced on October 31, 2018. The Challenge submission does not constitute the final application to the RISE Resilience Innovation Fund (RIF). The Challenge finalists will be invited to Stage Two in which they will further develop their proposals and pitch to the RIF for funding. Over $1 million from the RIF ($150,000 - $750,000 in grants or/and forgivable loans per company/non-profit) will be available to selected solutions. Please see the full timeline and other details at: riseresilience.org/rise-resilience-challenge/
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Anyone can submit a solution to the RISE Challenge but only for-profit small businesses and non-profit organizations will be eligible for funding.
To be eligible for CDBG-NDR funding from the RISE RIF, you must, at a minimum, meet the following criteria:
• Be a for profit small business (as defined by the U.S. Business Administration) or a non-profit entity that has a DUNS number, is registered on sam.gov, and has a committed, full-time solution lead(s);
• Is eligible to receive funds from the United States federal government;
• Demonstrate that your proposed solution may be implemented in the Hampton Roads region of Southeastern Virginia;
• Adhere to applicable administrative requirements, as outlined in 2 CFR 200 (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations);
• Satisfy a due diligence and underwriting review process.
For more information about the eligibility criteria please visit: riseresilience.org/rise-resilience-challenge/. If you aren't sure about your eligibility or have other questions please reach out to us for guidance at: riseresilience.org/contact/
Responses to the Challenge application questions will be kept private. Only the responses to the questions #2, 5, 6, and 7 will be made public.