StartR Fall 2013
StartR is a nonprofit accelerator for UCSD Rady School of Management students and alumni. Founded in 2013 by a group of UCSD Rady students working on an independent study project, the mission of the accelerator is to provide a program where early stage companies and student teams get mentoring, educational workshops, advice, and access to other resources.
StartR runs a six month long program on the UCSD Rady campus held twice a year. Six companies or teams are selected per each program. One member of the team must be a current student or alumni of the Rady School. The acceleration program focuses on hands-on company development and mentorship. StartR Accelerator works with other organizations at UCSD and in San Diego to provide lab space, 3D printing and prototyping resources and facilities, and additional mentorship and networking opportunities with industry leaders. At the conclusion of the program, StartR Accelerator companies will be given an opportunity to pitch to investors and industry experts.
StartR provides the following benefits to entrepreneurs admitted to the program:
• Educational workshop
• Working space on the Rady Campus
• Office hours with Rady professors and industry experts
• Access to other funding sources at UCSD and the San Diego community
• Access to other resources (Lab space, 3D printing, Office hours, 20/20 program, etc.)
• Participation in the Demo Day at the conclusion of the program less