xEdu Spring 2018 Program
Connect by Dec 31 '17
Feb 2-Jun 12 '18 (4 months)
About xEdu Spring 2018 Program
xEdu is an accelerator that works with startups creating transformative learning solutions in the education sector. Based in Finland, we maximize upon the expertise of our nation’s superior educationaxEdu is an accelerator that works with startups creating transformative learning solutions in the education sector. Based in Finland, we maximize upon the expertise of our nation’s superior educational system and pioneering tech/gaming scene and combine it with our dynamic global network of innovators, educators, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Those who get accepted into our Spring 2018 Program will gain access to the following:
1. Access to the Global Accelerator Network perks and benefits.
2. Pedagogical evaluation and hands-on guidance from the experts at the Faculty of Education (University of Helsinki).
3. Business Development training and support from high-caliber coaches around the world.
4. Co-Creation and Co-Design process together with Public Schools in Finland. A certificate of "Co-Created with Finnish Schools" from the Department of Education from our partner cities.
5. Cooperation with our Corporate Partners, such as Samsung and Telia Corporation.
5. Access to the international markets through our global Partner Network: Sweden (Swedish Edtech Industry), Silicon Valley (GSVlabs), Qatar (Qatar-Finland International School), Hong Kong (Hong Kong Education City) and Singapore (to be published later).
6. Access to an investor network (Courage Ventures, Polkuni, FiBAN education interest Group, largest education-focused VC funds like GSV and Rethink Education) and a possibility to get funded up to 500.000 EUR at the end of the program.
The Spring 2018 program runs from 2 February 2018 to 8 June 2018. Participation in the program requires commitment of 1 to 5 working days per week depending on the week (approximately 2-3 times of physical participation per week + working on business development, co-creation activities and others).
The application period is 30 November - 31 December 2017. 20-30 teams will continue to the interviews organized on 11-12 January 2018.