Yara Good Housekeeping Challenge
How can Yara tidy up the factory site within one year?
Connect by Jan 22 '21
Mar 1-Apr 29 '21 (9 weeks)
Den Haag, Netherlands
About Yara Good Housekeeping Chal...
Can you help tidy up Yara's factory by changing the behavior of its employees?
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
You arrive at the large factory site of Yara in Sluiskil. 620 people perform all kinds of different activities throughout the day and night, which sometimes results in much rubbish on the site that can even cause unsafe situations. A safe environment is a neat environment. That is what Yara wants to see on the extensive site, which is almost the size of a small Zeeland village with just as many inhabitants and a variety of guests, contractors, students, and hired staff entering the gate every day. However, it is no longer lying around waste, but also neatly stored materials, no overfull containers, or spilled raw materials. Just like the habit of reporting minor incidents, such as collision damage against a road sign and the breaking of barrier chains. There is already attention for this, but it is not yet happening enough.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This challenge is really something for you if you are an expert in sustainable mentality and behavioral change, gamification, and redesign of storage and garbage sheds. Whatever your solution is, if it helps achieve the goal of this challenge, Yara is interested. We are looking for:
- a sustainable solution and long-term assurance in mentality and behavioral change;
- a practically implementable solution that can be understood and supported by people with different cultural backgrounds;
- a proven solution (at least 1 comparable reference);
- a fun or cool solution that people are happy to collaborate on;
- a solution that can be implemented locally and meets the strict (security) guidelines of the Yara site
- unburdening during implementation
WHAT IS IN FOR YOU?
There are many reasons why participating in this challenge is interesting to you. Below we list the most important.
- access to Yara's specialists, such as shippers, engineers, and R&D, as well as Yara's testing facilities and labs. Use it to your advantage!
- test and optimize your solution, within the constraints due to the corona measures, on the Yara site.
- achieving the goal and rapid implementation is worth a lot to Yara, so they are happy to make resources and budget available for it.